I got surgically treated 4 br abscess. I am non lactating. What are my chances of having breast cancer in future.?

Dr. Ly Phan
Surgery
In brief: Unrelated
Simple breast abscess does not usually associated with breast cancer.
However, some breast cancer can get infected and cause abscess. Any concern should address with ur surgeon.

In brief: Unrelated
Dr. Ly Phan
Dr. Ly Phan
In brief: Same
Having an abscess will not increase your risks of having breast cancer.
You still have about one chance in 9 of getting breast cancer. Things like family history and history of previous breast lesions may increase your risk.

In brief: Same
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Breast abscess
Breast abscess has no significant impact on your risk of breast cancer.
For all practical intents and purposes, your risk of breast cancer is the same as it was before the diagnosis of your breast abscess. Only if the breast abscess became chronic would it significantly impact your risk of breast cancer by a small amount.

In brief: Breast abscess
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Jane Van Dis