Is recovery from cystocele longer if the uterus is removed as well?

Dr. J. Kyle Mathews
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: No
Not generally if the hysterectomy was done vaginally .
I usually tell patients they may drive & return to light work in 10 to 14 days. No intercourse for 6 to 8 weeks.

In brief: No
Dr. J. Kyle Mathews
Dr. J. Kyle Mathews
Dr. David Doucette
In brief: Usually not
It depends on how the uterus was removed.
Most cystocele repairs can be done vaginally which has a shorter recovery time than an abdominal surgery. If the uterus is removed vaginally there would be no additional recovery time. If however, the uterus were to be removed abdominally followed by a vaginal cystocele repair then there would be additional recovery time.

In brief: Usually not
Dr. David Doucette
Dr. David Doucette
Dr. Adam Levy