I read that woman have a 40% chance of getting cancer in a lifetime. I feel kind of doomed! I feel like a ticking time bomb. My anxiety is high. ?

Dr. Dan Fisher
In brief: You are doomed.
We are all doomed.
Each of us has a 100% chance of dying. Modern medicine has allowed us to live longer and instead of dying from tb, flu, childbirth or injury at age 35 we have the privilege of living to an average age of about 80 and a 40% chance of dying from cancer. The numbers get a bit better every year. The longer you live the more likely you are to see a cancer cured!

In brief: You are doomed.
We are all doomed.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr Fisher is exactly right. I would add that the 40% statistic may be misleading if it includes benign tumors or slow growing skin cancers that are not life threatening.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Keep in perspective
There are many threats to health and well-being of women.
In addition to cancer, these risks include pregnancy, childbirth, working, driving, falling--the list goes on. One approach is to avoid toxins, eat healthful organic foods one prepares herself, exercise appropriately, sleep well, take precautions for safety, keep medical/dental appointments and do what is possible to control stress.

In brief: Keep in perspective
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. John Weeks
In brief: Not doomed
You have 100% chance of dying of something.
Most cancers are treatable and some are curable. Take positive steps to be healthy now and enjoy life rather than worry about something that might happen in the future. If your anxiety is keeping you from finding that kind of balance in your life, consider counseling to work on it.

In brief: Not doomed
Dr. John Weeks
Dr. John Weeks