What spine md evaluates harrington rod pt (poor surgical candidate) for increasing leg weakness? Physiatrist , orthopod, neurosurgeon? Xrays best?

Dr. Peter Glusker
Neurology

In brief: Leg weakness

Your question is complex because there are many possible reasons for leg weakness, from sites in the brain to cervical cord to thoracic cord, to cauda equina, to peripheral nerve or neuromuscular problems.
My first suggestion would be to see a neurologist who can evaluate more broadly first and work up and then direct or refer to an appropriate surgeon.

In brief: Leg weakness

Dr. Peter Glusker
Dr. Peter Glusker
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine