What do you think about these new non-invasive screening tests for Down syndrome that have been recently introduced to the market?

Dr. Thomas Riney
In brief: Serve no purpose
Your OB is quite capable of deciding if you are at risk, in fact most people who find out the results are positive proceed with the pregnancy, so no real point unless you are able to abort your own child, which most people find hard to do.

In brief: Serve no purpose
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Scott Diede
I COMPLETELY disagree. There are many people who want to know what their risk of having a child with Trisomy 21, for example, and would end the pregnancy if they had this knowledge. I agree it is a personal decision, and you should think it through as to what you would do with the information. It does serve a purpose for some parents. OBs can tell risk, but cannot KNOW if fetus is affected.
In brief: Which one/ones
Since you didn't provide any specifics,I cannot say.
The site is not a chat room.If you would like to focus on a specific test, start over and re-submit.Your questions are not linked in this open site.

In brief: Which one/ones
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology