Is prolia best for osteoporosis?

Maybe. Prolia represents a new category of osteoporosis treatment that is effective and has convenient twice yearly dosing. It appears much more effective than the bisphosphonates and rivals Forteo with much more convenience. It is expensive if not covered by your insurance. Whether it is best for you or not depends on many factors which would require more information about a specific patient.
See below. Prolia has shown to be beneficial for osteoporosis and is taken as injection twice a year in a physicians office. Obviously, there are other medications for osteoporosis are available and you should discuss which option is the best for you with your physician.