How can I prevent myself from genital herpes to get more outbreaks ?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Stay healthy
Herpes outbreaks can occur for a number of reasons, as well as for no apparent reason.
The key is keeping your immune system as healthy as possible. This includes reducing stress, eating in a healthy manner, avoiding other illnesses, exercising regularly, getting adequate sleep, and many other "healthy" things.

In brief: Stay healthy
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Acyclovir
This medication taken orally can reduce the frequency of recurrences.

In brief: Acyclovir
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Acyclovir
Oral Acyclovir can help to reduce, but not necessarily eliminate the frequency of recurrences of symptomatic disease, and may to some extent protect your sexual partner, but once you have herpes simplex infection you cannot get rid of the virus entirely.

In brief: Acyclovir
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Adam Levy