Compressions/spasm happening in/near inner ear. Continues all night long. I can also trigger w/ movements. Ent thinks muscular but bit of mystery ?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Doubt inner ear
Many patients confuse the inner and middle ear. The inner ear is a fluid filled organ surrounded by bone.
As such it is an unlikely source of compressions/spasm. I would tend to agree with your ENT doc, that muscle spasm of the middle ear is what is occurring. There are two muscles in the middle ear and they are not under conscious control and can go into spasm and cause your symptoms.

In brief: Doubt inner ear
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel