I have chronic left flank pain and had a CT scan showing nothing. All labs have come back negative and ua was also clear. Could my ddd cause this?

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Is it tender?

Tenderness is a muscle pain yes muscle pain can be chronic how did you get the ddd diagnosis this condition can range from asymptotic to painless calling a dark disc on MRI in someone over 30 is like finding wrinkles in a 40year old we don't call it wrinkly or grey or no hair disease dark discs are often asymptomatic you can consider as a possible cause in folks without tenderness my opinion.

In brief: Is it tender?

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Adam Smith