What is a good way to deal with acute shingles pain without nsaids. Ex cold or hot pack or bath vitamins or supplements etc.?

Dr. Michael Sinclair

In brief: If only you could

I wish i could tell you there is some great home remedy for shingles pain but I have never heard of it.
Nothing works very well. The nerve is in the "on" mode and is screaming at your brain that something hurts. If you don't like medicine, you could try accupuncture. Now the real problem. Once in a while, shingles happens because something else is wrong that you are unaware of. Call your doc.

In brief: If only you could

Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: Several medications

I would use Valtrex to suppress the length of the outbreak.
I might consider an oral narcotic analgesic. Lyrica (pregabalin) and/or Cymbalta have shown promise.

In brief: Several medications

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Jonathan Jassey