I am a 44 year old woman. I have the HPV virus and had a hysterectomy 6 years ago- kept my ovaries. I am having night sweats and hot flashes so I beli?

Dr. Guy VanDell
In brief: Possible menopause
See your doctor for a evaluation could be menopause.

In brief: Possible menopause
Dr. Guy VanDell
Dr. Guy VanDell
Dr. Michael Sinclair
The HPV is not likely going to cause you any problems. Although Vaginal and vulvar cancer are still possible, they are not nearly as common as cervical cancer. You need some blood work, (FSH, LH, Estradiol, Progesterone, Testosterone, etc). Time to call your family doctor!
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Night sweats
Your symptoms are suggestive of a natural menopause, but your age is slightly early.
This may be due to an interruption of the ovarian blood supply resulting from the hysterectomy. A simple test of your serum fsh will confirm menopause. You have several options of treating or not treating your symptoms. See your gyn.

In brief: Night sweats
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Perimenopause?
Several possible causes, but at age 44 impending menopause would be near the top of the list.
You need evaluation, a minimim of some focused blood testing, to say for sure. The hpv isn't a factor.

In brief: Perimenopause?
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Jane Van Dis