I'm post menopausal and just got done working out and I spotted a little, concern?

Dr. Leto Quarles

In brief: Get checked

Bleeding, even spotting, after completed menopause is never normal.
It could be caused by anything from excessive dryness and friction with your exercise, to an infection, to serious problems including cancer. If it has been a year or more since you have stopped having monthly periods, any new bleeding or spotting is cause for concern and should be evaluated by your doctor.

In brief: Get checked

Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Yes, if it persists

Continued spotting and bleeding, especially 5 or more years since the last period and no hormone use could be a sign of endometrial hyperplasia which can lead to carcinoma.
Patient's who are obese, and diabetic are at higher risk.. If it happens again, see your gyn md for an assessment and possible endometrial biopsy.

In brief: Yes, if it persists

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine