Is it possible to stretch out a tied tongue?

Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Not really

Tongue tie needs to be surgically clipped.
If you try to stretch it out, i guess theoretically you could tear it. But this would cause significant pain and probably bleeding. I would not recommend it.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
Dr. Michelle Marcincuk

In brief: Depends

Tie's are variable.
The structure is a normal one, but usually tucked back under the tongue enough to allow normal mobility.If its attachment moves forward it restricts more and at some point only cutting the attachment will free it to work normally.I have seen some less prominent ties appear to stretch out enough to be left alone.(over years) Experience can decide which is which.

In brief: Depends

Tie's are variable.
Dr. Cindy Juster