How can I prevent inflammation of stomach lining due to blood thinner plavix (clopidogrel)?

Acid inhibitors. Plavix, (clopidogrel) especially when taken with Aspirin as it often is, can cause stomach bleeding. If this is a risk, you can lessen it by taking a strong acid suppressor such as omeprazole. While there has been controversy about interactions between these drugs and plavix, (clopidogrel) the best evidence says that it is more of a theoretical than real problem.
Take with food. Do not take the medicine on an empty stomach and it sometimes is helpful to take medicines such as antacids that are used to treat gastritis. Many people can take Plavix (clopidogrel) without problems. Some of the medications can interfere with the action of the Plavix (clopidogrel) so consult your physician.