When can I expect my baby to have a growth spurt?

Dr. Zeda Amaya
In brief: Sporadically
Typically babies will experience approximately 5 growth spurts throughout the first year of life.
These most commonly occur from 1-3 weeks old; 6-8 weeks old; and then at 3, 6, and 9 months of age. The end result is a tripling of birth weight by age one for most babies. Common signs of growth spurts include increased appetite, waking up hungry, and slightly more fussiness.

In brief: Sporadically
Dr. Zeda Amaya
Dr. Zeda Amaya
Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice
In brief: 1st year of life
Babies grow their fastest in the first year of life.
They double their birth weight at 3-4 months and triple their weight at one year. If your baby is not gaining in weight and height, as evidenced on growth charts, your pediatrician could refer to a specialist for possible causes.

In brief: 1st year of life
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Shontae Buffington