Can cosmetic surgery flatten out small skin lumps and moles without scarring?

Dr. Lorrie Klein
Dermatology

In brief: Depends on surgery

Your skin will always heal with a scar of cut deep enough to remove most moles, but the scars can look good and usually better than many moles if performed by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
I like to shave raised benign moles flat, they usually heal beautifully with minimal scarring.

In brief: Depends on surgery

Dr. Lorrie Klein
Dr. Lorrie Klein
Dr. James Hargan
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Depends on ......

I prefer to use laser to remove small moles / tags, etc.
.........If the skin is ok for that. There are several ways to "skin that cat", but healing mostly depends on your genetics and how well you take care of the wound.

In brief: Depends on ......

Dr. James Hargan
Dr. James Hargan
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: There's always...

A possibility of scarring.
Laser is sometimes useful, as is the ellman loop cautery, to remove skin lesions with minimal scarring.

In brief: There's always...

A possibility of scarring.
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala