Running barefoot, now pain in arch of foot. Back to shoes?

Yes. Running barefoot is a fairly new fad.Change in activity, should be done gradually.When going from a good supportive shoe to no shoes, different muscle groups are worked and bone and ligaments are stressed differently.This can lead to overuse and breakdown(injury). If you are going to try barefoot or minimalist shoes, start with kicking around in them for few days, then short walks to running.Dr l.
Back to shoes. You may have put on too many miles too fast and may need support and cushioning of shoes.
Yes. Most of us need the support and cushion of a well made running shoe to run on the varied surfaces in todays world.