I can't exercise (multiple injuries) and need to lose weight, how?

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology
In brief: Decrease intake.
Hard though it is to do the mere fact of decreasing caloric intake will help lose weight.
I know this is hard, i frequently have dropped off this bandwagon myself, but being strict with what you eat will actually take off more weight than exercise alone.

In brief: Decrease intake.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
In brief: Count your calories
Weight management is simple.
If the calories you consume are more that what you burn, you will gain weight. If the calories you consume are less than what you burn, then you lose weight. Avoiding processed foods, high calorie drinks, and fast food is a good start. Lean meats, fruits, and veggies are your best shot. Regarding your injuries, simply walking for 1 hr a day will really help.

In brief: Count your calories
Weight management is simple.
Dr. Patrick O'Neill
Dr. Patrick O'Neill
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Diet more important
For losing weight, what a person eats is more important than exercise.
Go to the american dietetic association web site for information on healthy eating: http://www.Eatright.Org/public/content.Aspx?Id=6843. Are you certain you can't do any exercise? If possible, see a physical therapist about ways you might be able to increase movement (ask your doctor for a referral).

In brief: Diet more important
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine