I was recently tested for lupus anticoagulant and it was postitive. Does that mean I have lupus?

Dr. Douglas Mund
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: No
Having a "lupus anticoagulant" just means there is an abnormality in your clotting mechanism that may make you m, ore easily bleed and, conversely slightly more likely to clot.
While this feature may be seen in the disease lupus it does not mean that everyone with this factor has the disease lupus/ there are msany other features of the disease to look for.

In brief: No
Dr. Douglas Mund
Dr. Douglas Mund
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Not necessarily
There are a number of diseases associated with a lupus anticoagulant or it may occur without association.

In brief: Not necessarily
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology