If you suffer ocd, do your rituals frustrate you enough to make you lose temper?

Dr. Paul Pancner
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Reaction to rituals

I think you are asking whether the rituals can lead to frustration.
The answer to this is yes, especially if you recognize that thr riual is inecessary and not rationally-based. Other emotional reactions may occur as well, but frustration is not uncommon especially for those trying to stop the behaviors.

In brief: Reaction to rituals

Dr. Paul Pancner
Dr. Paul Pancner
Dr. Timothy Re
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Absolutly

One of the hallmarks of OCD is that most sufferers have insight.
You realize the nature of the symptoms are irrational but very hard to resist.Thus it causes great frustration and anger when you can't help it. Anger can be used to create motivation for treatment in some cases.

In brief: Absolutly

Dr. Timothy Re
Dr. Timothy Re
Dr. William Forsythe