My HCV RNA test is negative, so then how often should I get rechecked?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: May be no need.
This is apparently an RNA PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test that determines virus particles, or viral load in the body.
This can be negative, but if an immunoblot test was positive, it would mean that you had an infection with hepatitis c and it was cleared. If the immunoblot was negative, then you never had an infection, and if you had an immunoassay and it was positive, then it was wrong.

In brief: May be no need.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Hepatitis C testing typically starts with blood testing to detect the presence of antibodies using an enzyme immunoassay. It takes about 6–8 weeks following infection before the immunoassay will test positive. So that means you should get tested at least at that time to be sure of an accurate result.
Dr. William Forsythe