Fear of public transport. Am I weird?

Dr. Steven Reidbord

In brief: Depends on the fear

Well, i wouldn't say "weird".
.. I don't even know you. But there are reality-based reasons to fear public transport (muggers & pickpockets in some places), exaggerated fears (getting lost, catching the flu), and delusional fears (dangerous space aliens). Or there may be fear without a focus at all. Maybe talk it over with a therapist if this fear hurts your travel ability or comfort.

In brief: Depends on the fear

Well, i wouldn't say "weird".
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: CBT

Seek a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in phobias.
One method they use is systematic desensitization which slowly and incrementally brings the person closer and closer to the thing they are afraid of in slow, graduated steps that help make the anxiety more tolerable.

In brief: CBT

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry