Eyelid lift or blepharoplasty - is an ENT or eye surgeon better for it?

Experience counts. Ophthalmologists, facial plastic surgeons and plastic surgeons all have alot of experience with eyelid surgery. We all tend to argue about why our own specialty is better positioned to provide great outcomes. However, the fact is that any of these three specialties, if the surgeon has alot of experience, will likely provide a very good blepharoplasty result.
Eye surgeon. Many surgeries can be performed by different doctors with training in various specialties, but certain doctors have much greater experience and expertise in each procedure. Oculoplastic surgeons are trained exclusively in eyelid and upper facial plastic surgery as well as overall eye health. They would have the greatest expertise in eyelid surgery.
Experience. Ent, eye surgeons, and plastic surgeons all have experience with eyelid surgery. This all comes down to your surgeons personal experience with the procedure. Ask your friends and other physicians for recommendations for a surgeon in your area.
3 choices. Plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or oculoplastic surgeon - either is fine as long as they are board certified, experienced, and you are comfortable with them. Plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons are also able to perform a facelift at the same time, if you want a more balanced result. http://www.dassmd.com/eyelid-surgery/index.html.
Oculoplastic surgeon. There is a speciality in in ophthalmology called oculoplastic surgery. These are specialists in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids. You can not find more experts in eyelid surgery than this. They concider all aspects of your eye and underlyimg possible problems when deciding as how and how much blepharoplsty one can safely tolerate while giving the best cosmetic result.
Blepharoplasty. There is no correct answer. Many ENT doctors, ophthalmologists and plastic surgeons "provide" this procedure. The best I can advise you is that you seek face to face consultation and then determine the doctor you want to perform your surgery. This web site can provide you with more information about this procedure - http://www.drkulick.com/face-procedures-san-francisco/eyelid-surgery/
Experience counts. Your surgeon's experience and training are the most important determinants of a good outcome, and in that order. Plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons (ENT) and occuloplastic surgeons (eye) all receive specialized training in this area.
Right choice. Surgery on the eyelids was once described to me by another doctor as the removal of some extra eyelid skin. Nothing could be further than the truth. For example the upper lids are a dynamic balance of the brow and eyelid. Your surgeon should have expertise in the eyelid and brow/ face. Surgeons certified by the american board of plastic surgery have this expertise.
Both. Both facial plastic surgeons with an ENT background and oculoplastic surgeons are excellent choices for blepharoplasty.
Plastic Surgeon. I know there are different opinions about this, but here is the truth. When someone chooses to enter the field of plastic surgery, it is a decision based on how they view the world. Plastic surgery has appealed to them because of the artistic viewpoint that already exists in them. Other specialities come to cosmetic surgery as an afterthought. Stick with a plastic surgeon with experience.