Had evaluation for irregular periods but the scan didn't show up much only that I have enlarged ovaries?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Q for REI
Imaging does not tell us gynecologists everything we need to know.
I will refer it to some of our leading fertility subspecialists on healthtap. Thanks for asking.

In brief: Q for REI
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Enlarged ovary
Normal ovaries vary in size from one woman to the next; cycling women the ovarian size changes at different points in the cycle, and most women the right and left ovaries are a little different.
Were you told what size(s) the 'enlarged' ovaries were? Generally anything less than 5 maybe 6 cm is likely normal.

In brief: Enlarged ovary
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thanks, Dr. Honore.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham