Does anyone know the best antibiotic used for recurrent e. Coli infection in elderly?

Recurrent E. coli. You haven't specified where the infection is; so i'll answer as if it pertains to urinary tract infxns, a common site for e coli. With recurrent utis, it's always best to get a urine culture to find out to what antibiotic the e coli is most susceptible; then the appropriate antibiotic can be given & a cure expedited. Some people with hx of recurrent utis take ab for prevention of infxn. Dr decides.