Can a child catch up or substitute 2 doses of DTP vaccines for 1 delayed dose of td vaccine?

Dr. Gregory Mosolf

In brief: Not sure

I'm not sure i understand the question.
If the 8 year old child has 3 dtap shots (so they are missing 2), and the pediatrician gives one tdap (not td) that should bring their vaccines up to date.

In brief: Not sure

I'm not sure i understand the question.
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Gregory Mosolf

In brief: I wouldn't

The formulation of td has a reduced antigen load designed for those who are older.It is seldom used today except in some emergency rooms and limited to older kids and adults.
It reduces sensitivity reactions to the shot.The DTaP has a higher antigen load and can trigger more swelling and redness in older patients. I never use it over age 5.One dose would be enough to cover the need, but I wouldn't

In brief: I wouldn't

Dr. Arnon Rubin