Is it ok if a child delayed doses of DTP vaccine?

Dr. Alan Levine

In brief: Should not

The schedule of immunizations, as structured by the aap, gives the optimal timing of when immunizations should be given.
While there is some latitude, they should be administered when recommended. To do otherwise leaves the child potentially susceptible to preventable infections, pertussis being an example--as recent outbreaks in areas of the country where the immunization rate is low or delayed.

In brief: Should not

Dr. Alan Levine
Dr. Alan Levine
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: In my view, yes

I think that vaccination is very stressful to young children so delay it to about 6 months.

In brief: In my view, yes

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
2 comments
Dr. Alan Levine
this opinion does not reflect the position of the American Academy of Pediatrics nor the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
Garbage!!!!! The most vulnerable period of a baby to whooping cough is the first six months of life when it carries a high risk of death.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey