Should I worry if my heart flutters?

Mike Moore
In brief: Maybe
The sensation of feeling your heartbeat (heart flutters) is called palpitations and most of the time it is a completely benign symptom. However if it is accompanied by weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath, passing out, or chest pressure/pain.
..Or you have a history of heart problems it can be the sign of serious illness and should be evaluated by a physician.

In brief: Maybe
Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
We all get this from time to time, heavy coffee drinkers more than others. If it bugs you more than 5x/minute, or you get the symptoms listed above, a physician's office visit for a rhythm study is in order.
Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Generally not
Unless sustained or symptoms result.

In brief: Generally not
Unless sustained or symptoms result.
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Vicken Poochikian