Is it serious to have a heart palpitation and a murmur?

Dr. Lars Erickson
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: Usually not
Generally the two are not related to each other. A murmur is a sound caused by the flow of blood in the heart.
In children and young adults, most murmurs are normal sounds ("innocent" murmurs), but some may be caused by problems with the heart. Similarly, most palpitations (feeling the heart beating) are also normal, but they can also be caused by abnormal heart rhythms. Check with your doctor.

In brief: Usually not
Dr. Lars Erickson
Dr. Lars Erickson
Dr. Joshua Buckler
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Depends
Depends on what your actual symptoms are and the severity.
I would recommend that you be evaluated by your physician to determine if you need an echocardiogram to further evaluate.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Joshua Buckler
Dr. Joshua Buckler
Dr. Vicken Poochikian