Which is best chest CT vs chest mri?

It depends. Chest ct is more commonly used to evaluate the lungs, blood vessels, bones, and soft tissues. Chest mri, which takes longer to perform, is typically reserved for evaluation of diseases of the blood vessels (aorta, etc.), the heart, or masses that need to be further characterized. Chest ct is better at evaluating the lungs.
Different studies. Chest ct is fast and widely available. It allows for the rapid diagnosis of entities such as pulmonary embolism, aortic dissection and diseases of the lungs. Generally (though certain research centers are using more and more chest mri), chest MRI is reserved for the evaluation of the heart and surrounding vessels. Mri takes longer and is not as widely available. Chest ct does require radiation.