I have a puncture wound from cat claw to ear. It nearly went thru but it came out towards cartilage. Felt/heard it hit. Does this need special care?

Yes. Have it evaluated as soon as possible to prevent possible complications.
Yes . Cat claw carry bacteria which can cause cat scratch fever with localized lymph enlargement and fever. Have your doc take a look.
Yes. Clean it with soap and water. Apply antibiotic ointment and cover it with a bandage. Check your tetanus status. Go see a doctor to make sure there are no signs of infection.
Yes. The blood supply to cartilage is not as good as the blood supply to bone. This means it gets infected more easily. I put my patients with cartilage trauma on Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for better tissue penetration and i take off any infected or dead areas to let the wound heal more normally. Once healing and infection are resolved i will correct any scarring that needs to be fixed.