This is my first day of having chicken pox what should I do?

In brief: Several options are:
If he and his family or roommates have good immune systems, and live in a place where people just get chicken pox (instead of the vaccine), then he can just take over-the-counter medicine for the itching, mild fevers, and mild aches.
If he's in a place (like the U.S.), if he is unhealthy, or if severe chicken pox, he should call the doctor to see if anti-viral treatment should start right away.

In brief: Several options are:
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Chickenpox
Use calamine/benadryl lotion to calm itching.
Oral antihistamine (zyrtec/claritin/ etc) will further reduce itching. Use tylenol (acetaminophen) for fever. Avoid scratching to prevent scars. Stay away from pregnant/babies/people with reduced immune system.

In brief: Chickenpox
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Cindy Juster