I wear glasses -5).I started work in front of computer last week and my eyes are getting tired already after 5hrs of work.What can I do?

Dr. William Dieck
Ophthalmology
In brief: Blink and breaks
Computer use in our society has increased the symptoms of eyestrain significntly.
Many people stare and don't blink when using a computer. The eyes dry out and vision blurs. Take a break every 20 minutes and make sure you are blinking. If the problem persists get an exam. You may benefit with a "task" computer glass.

In brief: Blink and breaks
Dr. William Dieck
Dr. William Dieck
Dr. Michael Ham
Artificial tears and omega 3 supplements can help.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Eyedrops
Most causes of what is commonly termed "computer vision syndrome" is really dryness.
Computers are in dry atrmospheres, and concentrated work lowers the blink rate. This enhances the drying of the eyes which leads to many symptoms. Keep a lubricating (not the 'gets the red out') type of eye drop next to your computer and use it with each symptom..

In brief: Eyedrops
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Peter Kurzweil