I have a burning feeling in the heel of my left foot that comes and goes all day long. I am not a diabetic but itruns in my family. It happens with and without shoes.What should I do?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Few possibilites
The first one is you have planter fasciitis which cause that, the second one you have allergy or skin condition the third one it could be neuropathy , you don't have diabetic to have this.
Check it out.

In brief: Few possibilites
Check it out.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
In brief: Heel numbness
Diabetic neuropathy is usually bilateral and symetrical, but you need an evaluation.
This could be a symptom of a pinched nerve that could be anywhere from lower back to the ankle.

In brief: Heel numbness
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Patrice Hirning
In brief: Heel pain
This can be from a heel spur.
Try some stretching. This can be plantar fasciitis. Diabetes usually affects both feet. Work on weight loss and a low carbohydrate diet to keep from developing diabetes with a family history.

In brief: Heel pain
This can be from a heel spur.
Dr. Patrice Hirning
Dr. Patrice Hirning
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Nerve disfunction
Depending on the affected nerves, symptoms of diabetic neuropathy can range from a numbness and tingling sensation, possibly a burning sensation, to an uncomfortable painful sensation of the extremities.
Neuropathy may affect your digestive system, urinary tract, blood vessels and the heart. For some people, the symptoms are mild; for others, it can be painful and disabling.

In brief: Nerve disfunction
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Nolan Segal
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Plantar nerve
Could be plantar nerve irritation from your genetic structure.

In brief: Plantar nerve
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology