I have a burning feeling in the heel of my left foot that comes and goes all day long. I am not a diabetic but itruns in my family. It happens with and without shoes. What should I do?

Few possibilites. The first one is you have planter fasciitis which cause that, the second one you have allergy or skin condition the third one it could be neuropathy , you don't have diabetic to have this. Check it out.
Heel numbness. Diabetic neuropathy is usually bilateral and symetrical, but you need an evaluation. This could be a symptom of a pinched nerve that could be anywhere from lower back to the ankle.
Heel pain. This can be from a heel spur. Try some stretching. This can be plantar fasciitis. Diabetes usually affects both feet. Work on weight loss and a low carbohydrate diet to keep from developing diabetes with a family history.
Nerve disfunction. Depending on the affected nerves, symptoms of diabetic neuropathy can range from a numbness and tingling sensation, possibly a burning sensation, to an uncomfortable painful sensation of the extremities. Neuropathy may affect your digestive system, urinary tract, blood vessels and the heart. For some people, the symptoms are mild; for others, it can be painful and disabling.
Plantar nerve. Could be plantar nerve irritation from your genetic structure.