6 wk old sleeps a 6 hour stretch at night and could go longer. Should I wake to feed or let her keep sleeping?

Dr. Subir Mitra
In brief: Wake
I don't like babies sleeping any longer than 6 hours at a stretch when they're that young.
They just don't have the fat stores to keep their glucose levels up through long periods of time.

In brief: Wake
Dr. Subir Mitra
Dr. Subir Mitra
Dr. Mark Diamond
So when do you let them sleep thru the nite? 35 years and have Never seen a problem when this happens!
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: A Full Night
You have asked this question several times in different ways.
The answers are all the same. Let her sleep!

In brief: A Full Night
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
In brief: Let her sleep
As long as she is eating when she is awake and wetting and filling diapers.
Let her sleep. She will wake when she's hungry. Get some sleep yourself.

In brief: Let her sleep
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
In brief: Let baby set schedul
Any 6 wk old that has been feeding & growing well can be left alone to sleep as long as 8 or more hours.
Their intestines has food they are continuing to digest & use during this period & if baby can deal with it & thrive there is no reason to wake her.Babies don't sleep more than 4 hr without cycling to a lighter sleep state so the fact that yours can settle back & sleep longer is wonderful.

In brief: Let baby set schedul
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Let Sleep
I never wake a healthy baby for feedings.
If you are fortunate enough for them to sleep an extended period of time and they are both healthy and gaining weight, enjoy. Let nature take its' course.

In brief: Let Sleep
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Cindy Juster