Injured heel 2.5 weeks ago jumping 2hi down cement stairs.Xray said not broken, still painful. I am a runner, very antsy. When do I c a specialist?

Dr. Karl Mangold
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Now

The x-ray only told that it wasn't broken, not that there wasn't anything wrong.
You should see a specialist to determine the reason for your pain. A simple contusion (bruise) would have healed by now. Something else must be wrong.

In brief: Now

Dr. Karl Mangold
Dr. Karl Mangold
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry

In brief: Now

If you are having pain that is not improving despite the fact that you've had negative x-rays, it is time to see a specialist who can give you a more in depth evaluation.
Visit apma.Org, acfas.Org or aaos.Org for a doc near you.

In brief: Now

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Brandon Macy
Perhaps it needs to be x-rayed again, or consider an MRI for a persistent problem to rule out a fracture that wasn't;as obvious initially.
Dr. Rudolf Zak
Podiatry

In brief: Heel pain

I recommend seeing one now to determine if u need further studies.
Like an mri.

In brief: Heel pain

Like an mri.
Dr. Rudolf Zak
Dr. Rudolf Zak

In brief: Heel injury

If x-rays negative, and still symptomatic, follow up with specialist for further evaluation.
May need further studies such as an mri.

In brief: Heel injury

Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine