What is involved in an allergy test? I've never had allergies but think I may be developing some and I don't know where to start!

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Start with your PCP

Best to start with your primary care physician who likely knows a lot about allergy & may be able to help you without allergy testing.
If you & your pcp decide to bring in an expert you may be referred to an allergist or another specialist. It depends on symptoms. Allergy testing is performed by placing drops of allergic substances on the skin or through a blood test. Both are safe & informative.

In brief: Start with your PCP

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Adam Smith