I recently started jogging and am getting pains in my knees, what could it be and is there ways to help?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Patellar tendinitis
The most likely cause of your complaint is patellar tendinitis, aka runner's knee.
It is an overuse injury/tendinitis of the patellar tendon. It is from doing too much too soon. Make sure that you start slow and add volume and intensity in modest chunks. You should not increase your weekly mileage by more than 10% of the prior week's total. Do a dynamic warm-up and stretch your thighs & hamstrings.

In brief: Patellar tendinitis
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Instability or arth
Instability or arthritis.
See a knowledgable physician.

In brief: Instability or arth
Instability or arthritis.
See a knowledgable physician.
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine