I fell on my knees n injured my ankles but did not fall on my back but it's my back n spine tats very painful. Y is it so?

Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Axial Load

When you fell onto your knees, the force may have been transmitted to the back.
I would recommend an evaluation with your doctor to see if you need treatment to the back for your pain.

In brief: Axial Load

Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Why back pain

The problem is essentially that the ankle bone is connected to the lower leg bone, which is connected to the thigh bone, which is connected to the pelvis, which is connected to the lumbar spine.
When you jar one (as in a fall), you jar them all. It is not uncommon. Treatment is the same: antiinflammatories and heat. Very unlikely that you would need a spine x-ray.

In brief: Why back pain

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine