Is getting folliculitis as bad as genital herpes? They look a like. My doctor tells me I got folliculitis but it looks like blisters. It stings to pee

Different condition. Folliculitis is a bacterial infection of skin's hair structures and can be cured with antibiotics. Genital herpes, on the other hand, is a viral infection with HSV which can be treated with antiviral medication, but cannot be cured.
Do a herpes culture. And do blood antibody testing. Both can cause pain and burning with urination, but the causes are different. Folliculitis is usually from a bacteria, herpes is from teh herpes virus, type 1 or 2. Folliculitis is not an std. Herpes is an std.
Not really. Unlike gebital herpes, this is self-limited. It resolves on its own, but topical antiseptics and topical or systemic antibiotics can speed up resolution.