How to stop smoking and how to find if I have lung cancer?

See MD. 2nd part easier to answer; see md get examined; may need add. Tests, incl: chest xray, screening chest ct (more sensitive than cxr for small abnorm.), pulmonary function tests (check for emphysema), cardiac test (increased risk with smokers). Stoping: if cold turkey, acupuncture, hypnosis work for you-fine; meds-nicotine replacement, buproprion, varenicline-all can work, all w/poss side effects.
Get professional ass. Alltough easy to say, you have to stop smoking. By understanding the risks should be enough but nicotine & other components in cigarettes are addictive. Those who seek help/ assistance in concomitant use of a medication are the most succesful. At present lung cancer surveillance requires a chest film or at times a ct but close follow up & be aware of symptoms are enough.