What could be the cause of my son's foreskin being swollen and red? He is 2 years old. How can I help treat the swelling and redness?

Dr. Kevin Considine

In brief: Infection

It sounds like your son may have phimosis with balanitis a common inflammation/infection of the foreskin.
In any case it should be checked by the doctor to see if a serious infection or not. It can be treated fairly simply with creams and antibiotics usually.

In brief: Infection

Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
if he is circumsized he really shouldn't have a foreskin?If there is an inflammation around the head of the penis that perhaps may be a similar condition which can be treated similarly.
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Needs examined

Allergy, irritation such as detergent burn or infection are possible causes.
Needs to be examined. These are in circumcized boys. If not circ'd, then phimosis , where the foreskin is pressing the shaft too tight. This needs seen asap.

In brief: Needs examined

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond