My infant just aspirated a small amount of liquid vitamins (total dose was 1cc). His voice has gone horse and I hear gurgling in throat. What to do?

In brief: Should be okay.

Aspiration of liquid contents with gurgling and intact swallow reflex most likely avoided any issues with it going down his wind pipe-trachea and lungs.
If you encounter any problems with breathing or signs of increasing cough/congestion or fussiness/poor sleep/activity-see your pediatrician.

In brief: Should be okay.

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Kevin Considine

In brief: Try suctioning

If the gurgling and breathing is severe then call your doctor otherwise try laying baby on belly and propping legs and lower body higher than head with a pillow and see if that helps.
Your infant should cough out or expectorate the liquid. Normally your infant should be able to cough out a small aspiration like this also see if after it clears if infant can drink normallly.

In brief: Try suctioning

Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Arthur Hoffman

In brief: Go to ER

Don't panic. But lungs are not equipped to deal with fluids.
These symptoms need to be evaluated and appropriately treated. Now, let gravity assist in removing the residue. Place your child on your lap, face down, comfortable angle, patting from waist up & side to side. Keep any material you have retrieved. I wish you the best.

In brief: Go to ER

Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Cindy Juster