I know a woman should switch to a gynecologist once she becomes a woman or intercourse has occured .. But what if the so - called intercourse has take?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: ? what is has take

Do not know what you mean, but you should be going for yearly exams and paps and std testing with the pap.

In brief: ? what is has take

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Should use a gyn

A woman should have a family doctor for non gyn problems and issues- that is very important.
Many family doctors can do a pelvic, but if anything is abnormal with the pap or exam or she has other problems like heavy periods the vast majority of instances, especially where i practice you will be referred to a gyn, so why not start with the person most qualified to do a pap and exam- a gyn.

In brief: Should use a gyn

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: I don't think so!

There is no need for a woman to switch doctors after a woman has had sexual intercourse for the first time (or any other activity, sexual or not).
No medical specialty is based on a woman's sexual activities. So, a primary care doctor usually does the woman's pelvic exam and pap smear every year (if needed). She can go to an ob-gyn if she wishes to, or if her primary doctor doesn't do pap smears.

In brief: I don't think so!

Dr. Adam Levy