When is it ok to let my baby eat table food?

Dr. Connie Topliff

In brief: Diet needs to be

Advanced gradually.
Breast milk/formula is adequate up to 6 mos. Then you can start introducing soft healthy foods in addition to formula/breast milk. Add just one at a time, waiting 2-7d to add another. If baby doesn't like something, try it down the road as tastes change. Avoid anything that could be choked on, & save nuts and strawberries, tomatoes & other poss allergens til after 2 yrs.

In brief: Diet needs to be

Advanced gradually.
Dr. Connie Topliff
Dr. Connie Topliff
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: 4 months

Solid foods are best introduced between 4 and 6 months.
My personal rule is that if you can mush it, your child can eat it. So you can introduce table food early as long as it is mushed enough. Introduce one new food every three to four days and avoid spices. Instead of rice cereal i recommend whole grain rice...Cooked and mushed like porridge. Table food has more fiber and nutrients.

In brief: 4 months

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cindy Juster