I have blue sclera but mine is different since I had tatooing. Whats the big deal?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: OI
In medicine, blue sclera can be the sign of a serious medical condition.
The most well-known is osteogenesis imperfecta - a genetic disease in which the bones are brittle and break very easily. Kids have a horrible life because of this. A very superficial example is in m night shyamalan's unbreakable.

In brief: OI
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: See below:
There are at lease 47 medical conditions causing blue sclerae.
There are many more. Check with your doctor to discuss or inquire about any other symptoms associated with your blue sclerae. Some medications (steroids) can produce blue sclera. Iron deficiency anemia & aging have also been shown to give a blue tint to the whites of the eye. Most of cases are benign. Serious cases are usually rare.

In brief: See below:
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Peter Kurzweil