Why abdominal obesity more risk to heart disease?

Simple, it's inside. Correlates more with fat on the inside (in the liver... associated with metabolism being messed up and increased risk of high cholesterol,triglycerides, and diabetes) and with the inside of the arteries. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1775472781/devils-diet might be helpful, certainly is entertaining.
Does it matter? Obesity oshemsity, overweight people need to lose weight. The academic answer is that centripetal obesity is associated with atherosclerosis, hardening of the heart arteries. Also associated: diabetes, so you're getting 2 risk factors in one. We don't really understand the direct connection, but it seems to reason that if you're fat in your middle, you're fat in your heart which is in your middle.