Has anyone experienced postpartum depression while taking methyldopa?

Yes. Depression can occur while taking and medication. Whether that contributes is hard to say but medical conditions increase depression risk; see your doc.
Yes. It has been noted, but post-partum depression is so common it is hard to tell if it really had anything to do with the medication or was just post-partum depression. If your doctor thinks that the risks outweigh benefits you should take the medication. During pregnancy there are not a lot of alternatives for blood pressure control and certainly does not mean you will get post-partum depression.