Can I take strattera (atomoxetine) and ginko biloba the same day?

Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Not studied

I was unable to find any research on this subject, but the sense i got from surveying a number of websites is that there are unlikely to be any problems with taking the to simultaneously.

In brief: Not studied

Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
2 comments
Dr. Pamela Pappas
According to Naturaldatabase.com, there can be a "moderate" interaction between Strattera and Gingko. Gingko modestly (9%) inhibits cytochrome 2D6, which metabolizes Strattera. To be on the very safe side, I would not take them simultaneously.
Dr. Glen Elliott
Given that Strattera has been used with SSRIs, which also share metabolic pathways, I'm not sure that the interaction mentioned above would merit an absolute interdiction of using the two together. One could start with a lower dose of the Starttera as precaution.
Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Probably OK

I don't know of any studies looking at this combination, but i think it's likely to be ok.

In brief: Probably OK

Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. Eric Weisman