What should I do if my baby will not eat cow's milk?

In brief: Find an alternative

Bovine milk is a convenient but unnecessary part of the diet.
If it weren't an easy calcium source it would likely not be used at all. The other benefits:sugars, fluid, protein & fat are available in other liquids. Your baby may be self selecting against the bovine milk because it figured out that it causes cramps or gas. Move on to something else.

In brief: Find an alternative

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Count your blessings

Cow milk is full of hormones and antibiotics and may not be the best for all children.
Some children will not drink milk no matter what you do. I believe these children instinctively know it is not good for them. Try almond milk, rice milk, fortified goat milk, or hemp milk as alternatives. These do not have as much protein as cow milk so it is important that your child is eating solid food.

In brief: Count your blessings

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Shontae Buffington